Why Choose the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd?
How do you know that?
Here are some of the things that distinguish the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd from other Divorce and Family Law Attorneys. The Law Office of Jon R. Boyd offers numerous real advantages because Jon R. Boyd–
- Has more trial experience than most other lawyers. Mr. Boyd has over 36 years experience handling well over a thousand contested family law cases. He has tried numerous jury trials and hundreds of non jury trials, has taken hundreds of depositions, and has negotiated hundreds of mediations.
- Is known and respected by and familiar with the Judges, lawyers and other professionals who will be involved in the case. Jon R. Boyd is well known by the judges and attorneys in N. Texas and is well respected for his abilities and reputation. This means lending instant credibility to you and your case. He also is familiar with most judges’ and other lawyers’ tendencies, which means he is able to better predict how your case may be affected.
- Knows the “unwritten rules” established by local Judges, along with their rules, policies and practices. This is a huge advantage.
- Cares about his clients and aggressively fights for their interests. Many lawyers become cynical over time and don’t really care about you. Not Jon Boyd. He cares about my clients’ lives and their children. Mr. Boyd has a friendly, personable style, but whether in trial or settlement, his reputation is that you can count on him to relentlessly and skillfully fight on your behalf.
- Provides his clients with a high level of personal service. At BoydFamilyLaw, we keep our clients informed. We often are hired by clients who started out with another law firm but who left the prior counsel because of this. At Law Office of Jon R. Boyd., we are here to help you deal with and understand your very important legal matter, so we daily scan and email you any and all documents going out or coming in to our office on your case in addition to making sure your calls are answered/returned and questions answered promptly.
- Gives honest, common sense advice and lets his clients choose from options available without trying to force them to pursue things or spend money unnecessarily. Mr. Boyd has been through a contested divorce, so he knows what it’s like and how to calmly guide you through the process. You always get prompt answers to your questions in easy to understand, everyday language. He also is a big believer in uses common sense, too- he will give you options and let you choose the course of action with which you’re most comfortable, financially and emotionally.
- Practices only family law. Other attorneys may dabble in family law occasionally or are less experienced in family law. At the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd., this is all we do.
- Has developed a network of resources of related professionals for use as consultants or testifying experts to aid in presentation of clients’ cases or rebuttal of other witnesses.
- Has had many personal experiences, including raising a special needs child, which help him relate to and have empathy with and compassion for your situation. As a divorced father who raised four children, including a special needs/autistic child, he not only relates to the legal complexities of divorce, but the financial and emotional difficulties as well.
- Is there to personally represent you in court. At larger law firms, usually the senior lawyer with whom you meet originally will assign an inexperienced, more junior lawyer to represent you in court. Not so with Law Office of Jon R. Boyd.. He will personally be there for you.
- Enjoys handling contested cases. Most divorce attorneys have caseloads that are mostly uncontested or agreed matters. Others are simply unwilling or unqualified to handle contested cases. Mr. Boyd enjoys trial work and handling mostly contested cases and takes on many cases from other lawyers once they learn it is contested.
- Offers flexible fee and payment arrangements with very competitive fees. We know finances get tight during divorces or other family law cases, and will help you as much as I can by offering you options such as lower than usual down payments, allowing you to pay as your case progresses, charging very competitive hourly rates and sometimes using a sliding scale for hourly fees, offering discounts to Veterans or members of Fathers for Equal Rights, offering flat fees for consulting for second opinions or assisting pro se’s, and now offering Flat Fee Packages for divorces and some other cases. Call me at no charge for details.
- Has a fully staffed office, including a highly experienced paralegal and other staff, located in an easily accessible Class A Office Building. I maintain a physical office and staff to assist you and hire only very experienced paralegals who have worked at some of the largest, most well known firms. Many solo attorneys and even some small firms work from their homes or don’t have staff to assist.
- Hundreds of satisfied clients have raved about Jon R. Boyd over the years. See the Testimonial section for examples.
What kinds of cases does the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd handle?
Anything related to Family Law matters, including:
- Modification or Enforcement of prior orders
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Defense of Termination of Parental Rights
- Step Parent and other Adoptions
- Father’s Rights
- Grandparent Rights
- Marital or Pre-Marital Agreements
- Interstate Jurisdiction issues
- Common Law Marriage
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Defense of Attorney General actions
- Defense of CPS allegations of abuse or neglect
Who Typically Hires the Law Office of Jon R. Boyd?
Men and women of all social strata and income levels hire me, from all cities and counties across the DFW metroplex, most often from Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Prosper, Little Elm, The Colony, Lewisville, Denton, Richardson, Carrollton, Farmers Branch, Addison, Dallas, Mid Cities, and Fort Worth. I also have many clients who employ me to travel to other areas of Texas to represent them, so I have been to many rural counties and to most of the larger cities in Texas. Typically our clients (or their financial backers) are middle to upper middle to upper income folks who want and are willing to pay for quality, professional legal representation, and who want value for their money.
Mr. Boyd is associated with Fathers For Equal Rights and works with many men to help them be an involved father, so helping men comes naturally. But we often represent women too. Women like the fact that Mr. Boyd represents both genders and knows the legal strategies opposing attorneys will use.
We Are Easy To Talk To!
We can help you through this difficult time in your life. Just call (972) 381-2727 today, and Mr. Boyd and his seasoned staff will give you the benefit of our experience and knowledge to help you decide which course of action is best for you and your children.
***See our FAQ page for the choices available to you when you consult with Jon R. Boyd. We look forward to hearing from you!***